Hit and Run, Force and Run, Uninsured Drivers

What if the person that hits you has no insurance? Or what if they hit you and flee the scene before you can get their license plate number? What do you do now?

Call Dressler Law immediately. We can help.

The Dressler LawIf you are injured by a hit and run driver, or someone who forces you off the road with their car, you are still protected. You will be covered under your own automobile insurance policy, or the insurance policy of any relative that you live with.

That's right. You are covered under your own policy and the policy of any "resident relative." The coverage is called Uninsured Motorist Coverage, and it covers you if you get hurt by an uninsured motorist, including a hit and run vehicle and a force and run vehicle.

Connecticut law requires that every insurance policy provide this type of coverage. Insurance companies are required to provide it, and they are not allowed to penalize you for using it when you need it. That's what it's for. You paid for it, and it's there to protect YOU.

So, just because the person that hit you has no insurance, don't worry. Call us. We'll take care of it. We will aggressively pursue all available insurance coverage to make sure you get what you deserve for your injuries. We have been handling these types of cases for almost 35 years. Let us take care of you.

Protect your family by purchasing sufficient uninsured motorist coverage in case you are hit by someone with no insurance. We will be happy to advise you on your insurance policy coverage. Just bring in your policy and one of our attorneys will go over it with you.